Monsoon Multimedia develops and markets a suite of fun and powerful video products and technologies allowing consumers and OEM customers to enjoy video wherever, whenever and however they want.
Monsoon Multimedia was founded in 2004 by a team of digital video pioneers and serial entrepreneurs with a track record of launching successful startup companies in the growing digital video space. In 1996, the founders of Monsoon Multimedia founded Dazzle, where they developed the world's first affordable PC hardware and software products to compress video based on MPEG standards. In 2000, they founded Emuzed, where they pioneered the convergence of PCs and mobile phones, with TVs and digital video.
Now, with digital video exploding and technologies converging, Monsoon’s products and technologies sit at the center between TV, Mobile, home WiFi, Internet Video and the wide array of TV and video service consumers have coming into their homes. Our products let consumers watch TV, Internet and on-demand video on their TVs, PCs and mobile phones; in ways they never imagined possible.
Innovative Product Line
Vulkano is a revolutionary product family that lets consumers
- Watch and control their live home TV channels and DVR-recorded shows form their PC or mobile phone. From anywhere around the house or around the world
- Schedule recordings from their PC, mobile phone or TV and then transfer the recorded shows to their PC or mobile phone to watch whenever they want
- Watch Internet videos, such as YouTube or Cinema Now!, on their big screen TVs; or record them for later viewing
- Stream recorded videos from one room to another to watch on the TV in the bedroom, kitchen, garage, ...
- Find and enjoy videos, pictures and music anywhere on any computers or storage on their home network
Simple, Visual, Powerful.
What the Media Says
"Monsoon Wireless HD differs from Sling by adding 802.11a/g wireless networking to the mix of transmitting video from a home source (cable, MCE PC, etc.) to your laptop across your home or across the Internet. Vulkano also adds the ability to stream to more than one PC."
"What's nice about the Vulkano is that it has built-in wireless capabilities -- unlike the Slingbox. The Slingbox must be connected to your router via an ethernet port, which was problematic for me because of my router and TV reside on different floors in my house. The Vulkano was able to connect to my router wirelessly."